Laptop stickers are great if you want to show your love for a particular product or service. But when you want to get the sticker off and the adhesive residue remains on your computer, it looks awful and feels sticky. To take the sticker residue off the laptop can be a little messy but with these methods and proper care you can get the job done;
1. Oil-based substances
- Olive oil is the best substance to use because it is the most natural, inexpensive, and widely available.
- Petroleum jelly is also a good product to use. It is the cheapest, easiest to find, and most effective.
- Tea tree oil has been used by many people as a natural way to remove sticky labels. It works well for removing labels from the back of your computer screen.
- Mineral oil is another element that is very helpful for getting rid of sticky labels. It is very easy to use and it doesn’t leave any sticky residue behind. It is very affordable, and it has a nice scent.
You can also use a hairdryer or heat gun to warm up the sticker. This will help the adhesive to loosen. Then, you can peel the sticker off with a pair of tweezers.
3. Mild Abrasives
The best way to remove a recent sticker residue is to use a Scotch Brite pad. But do it only on the laptops with a metal finish. Ensure to rub the back of the laptop super gently with the pad. You should repeat this process until the sticker is removed. The drawback of this approach is that it may damage the surface of the laptop. If you use a strong abrasive, such as steel wool, you will be able to remove the sticker residue but you will also damage the laptop’s surface. This is why you need to be careful.
Remove all the dust and other dirt from the surface of your computer. This will help you to get rid of any leftover residue that might be left on the surface of your PC. Next, you need to clean the stickers from the surface of your PC. You can use Goo Gone, WD-40, or lighter fluid to remove them. Now, you need to wait for a few minutes until the solvent has completely dissolved the adhesive from the sticker. Then, you can peel off the labels. You can also use an eraser to get rid of the sticky residue from the labels.
5. Ultrasonic Cleaner
You can also use an ultrasonic cleaner to get the residue off. Make sure to do the ultrasonic cleaning in a well-ventilated area. The first thing you should do is to place the laptop on a soft cloth and then put it in the ultrasonic cleaner. Use the cleaning solution and turn on the ultrasonic cleaner for about five minutes. Turn off the ultrasonic cleaner and let it cool down. Once the ultrasonic cleaner is cool, remove the laptop from the ultrasonic cleaner and then dry it with a soft cloth. This will help you to get rid of the residue of a sticker from your laptop.
6. Non-lubricant Solvents
The best way to remove sticky labels from your laptop is to use a non-lubricant solvent. Vinegar is a great way to remove sticky residue. It is very simple to use. Just use a cotton swab and apply the vinegar to the sticker. After a few minutes, just wipe it off with a paper towel. You can also use rubbing alcohol to remove sticky residue. Just rub the alcohol on the sticky label and then wipe it off with a paper towel.
- Never pour the liquid directly onto your computer.
- Always use a cotton swab or paper towel to apply the solvent.
- Wipe the computer with a clean cloth or paper towel.
- If you are using a cleaning solution, it is important to use it with care. It is not safe to use the solution on your eyes or any other part of your body.
- You should never use the cleaning solution on any other surfaces, including your furniture or carpeting.
Getting the sticky residue off of the surface should be handled with utmost care as the cleaning agents can harm the surface permanently. Ensure that everything you do is appropriately carried out.